Planning Commission meets the 4th Tuesday of every month in council chambers at 3:30 p.m.
Board of Adjustment meetings are scheduled as required. To request an adjustment, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are planning an improvement project around your home or any construction renovation to your business, company or multifamily dwelling, feel free to contact the Building Department to see if a building permit is required. Any permits issued by our Building Department will be permitted under the 2015 International Code and 2014 Electrical Code.
Some examples of when a building permit is required are as follows:
- Building or installing: Patios, driveways, concrete service walks, deck or patio covers, chimneys, garages, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning supply or exhaust systems, swimming pools, tool or storage sheds.
- Adding or changing: Rooms, dormers, bay windows or other wall openings, water heaters or other plumbing, furnaces or other parts of heating systems, circuits or other parts of electrical systems, closing in a screened porch, garages to livable areas.
- Repairing or replacing: Roofing, siding, termite damage, porches, existing stone, brick or concrete, interior wall coverings of restaurants, and outside wall coverings.
- Changing the use of a building: Example: changing from a retail store to a restaurant or from a single-family residence to any commercial property. These changes of use groups may require the building to have a fire suppression system installed.
- As of April 11, 2022, the City of Rainbow City requires that roofers obtain a roofing permit.
Beginning July 1, 2016, any permits issued by our Building Department will be permitted
under the 2015 International Code and 2014 Electrical Code.
Land Disturbance Application
Swimming Pool Permit Application
Home Builders Affadivit
Land Disturbance Permit Requirements
Rental Inspection Checklist
Short Term Rental Packet
HVAC Permit Application
Nuisance Abatement – Complaint Form
Mobile Food Truck Fire Safety Checklist
Sign Permit Application
Plumbing Permit Application
Electrical Permit Application
Site Plan Checklist
Building Permit Application
Nuisance Ordinance 565-Dangerous Structures
Rental Inspection Ordinance
Short Term Rental Ordinance
Ordinance No. 559-Permit Fees
Mobile Food Truck Ordinance
Zoning Map 2019-2020
Ordinance No. 360 Zoning
Ordinance 546 Nuisance Abatement-Signed
Ordinance No. 537-Flood Ordinance